Hi All! Here are 5 tips, whether you have booked a boudoir photo shoot or are still on the fence about booking one, to make sure you are prepared for your session.
1. Do it for YOURSELF before anything. Boudoir photos can make a great gift to a significant other during special occasions such as weddings and Valentine’s Day. However it can get pricey and you should make sure you are booking your photo shoot so that YOU can feel sexy, beautiful, confident, and have some fun.
2. Before your shoot: Check out some magazine editorials, which include many boudoir styled photos. Pay attention to poses, facial expressions, wardrobe and light. Studying these images will give you a better sense of what is expected to get the photos you’re looking for.
3. Bring extra everything to your shoot. You’ll want to do this in case you have any wardrobe mishaps. Make sure everything you bring has been tried on and fits properly, this will make the whole process a little bit smoother and you will have more time in front of the camera rather than trying outfits on. (That part is also fun, don’t get me wrong.
4. For boudoir photography, in most cases, curves are your friend. Curves in your pose will help the viewer’s eye explore the photograph instead of remaining in one spot. Feel free to move a little while shooting (unless the photographer asks otherwise) to help get a more natural, effortless pose.
5. Lastly, I want to let you know that any tension or sign of being uncomfortable is visible in the photos. Relax. Take some deep breaths or dance a little if it helps shake the nerves. Pay attention to your facial expressions and hands, as these are where the tension will be most noticeable.
I hope these tips helped you out a bit. Thanks for reading! <3 Noemi